Pages

Picture taken by my friend Cyndi Leos....thank you Cyndi.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Litte of This and A Little of That....

Just home from country dancing.  I am so excited, after 9 years of marriage, lots of cajoling and nagging,  my husband finally consented to take some lessons at our local rockin' country dance hall.  We went with another couple and learned the Cowboy Cha Cha  for couples and then a line dance called, UNO, DOS, TRES.  Both the men bailed shortly after the 2nd lesson started.  My girlfriend didn't finish the dance, but I stayed until the end...

I know I am going to feel it tomorrow...but it was so fun.  My husband and my girlfriend said they would come back.  Her husband was not so sure.  My husband told me we should take a couple lessons up at our community center and then go back to the dance hall.  It brought back so many fun memories for me when I used to dance with my daughters...

I needed this.  Had an emotional couple days with my dad....

Friday hubby and I went to see THE KINGS SPEECH.  He did not want to see it, but went "for me".  Turns out, he liked it.  He stayed awake through the entire movie.  It really is a great movie.  I had heard it was good, and I was not disappointed.  Just the right combo of humor, history, great acting, and a touching, inspirational story.

Thursday we picked up my CPAP machine.  Friday we got the distilled water for it.  Still have not used it.  I have to rearrange my bedroom.  Been working in our master closet, master bathroom and tomorrow, I will tackle our bedroom...

Izzy and I got our hair cut.  I had a bit more red put in my hair... I love it...


I went to a few yard sales today and found a keyboard and mouse for $2. The letters on my current keyboard are worn off, so it will be nice to able to read the keys...too busy to install it today...maybe tomorrow...

Happened to find a yard sale where the family owned a pet store and closed it.  They had all kinds of dog clothes.  Found Izzy a purple sweater and a KONG red t shirt...both fit her perfectly. 2 for $5.

At another, found two cute head bands, one black with a bow and one silver with a bow. Had price tags of $10 and got both for $1.

I know you would like to see more pictures...but I am so tired I can hardly keep my peepers open....
Just gotta' hit the sack....night, night...

8 comments:

Mari said...

Sounds like you've had a great few days! I love your hair - it looks really cute!

Southhamsdarling said...

I agree Donna, your hair looks great. (Izzy doesn't look so bad either!!). Would love to see some photos of her with some of her new things on! Glad you enjoyed The Kings Speech. I thought it was wonderful. Well done you, with the dancing. Don't think I could be so energetic. I've always wanted to learn how to jive. Obviously, I was there when it came out, but never did get round to it.

Jerry said...

Ahh -- I'm looking forward to 'The King's Speech' -- as soon as it comes out on DVD.

Good luck with the CPAP. I'm one of those that just can't tolerate it.

DJan said...

Yes, I saw the King's Speech twice and loved it both times! Your hair is perfect, just the right color. Congrats on getting your hubby to go dancing. There is NO WAY I could ever get mine to do that. I go with a girlfriend if I go at all. I look forward to hearing how the CPAP works out.

Lisa Jacques Elam said...

Love your hair!!! The dancing sounds fantastic. I love to dance although I am a danger to myself and everyone else when I try. Sounds like your 2011 is off to a wonderful start. You GO Girl!!!!!

Chatty Crone said...

That is something I always wanted to do - how cool is that? I'm so glad you had so much fun. Keep it up.

Love,
sandie

Madame DeFarge said...

I don't think that I could get my husband to dancing classes for anything. Pity, as I love dancing. I'm envious of you!

gayle said...

I wish my husband liked to dance. When we were younger we went with another couple and he did dance some. I loved it!

Your hair looks so Cute! I love the color and cute!!

So glad you did some fun things for you!!