Pages

Picture taken by my friend Cyndi Leos....thank you Cyndi.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

I May Have Spoken Too Soon...

The past two nights, I have awoke with either sore hips or sore shoulders and both nights, my lower back.  It appears, since I learned to be a side sleeper, I wake up when one side is sore from lying on it so long, and flip over to the other.  When that side is sore, I flip to my former sleeping style, on my back.  When I sleep on my back, I snore as loud as a freight train in the middle of the night...I literally suck the paint off the walls (as my husband says).

So the past two days I have been dragging around with zero energy, yet I don't take naps, like my husband does...

When I made up the beds, my husband asked me not to put the egg crate foam on top of the mattress.  I know it sounds ridiculous, but the indentations of the in sewn patterns on top of the mattress, hurt me.  I need something between me and those patterns.  My husband insisted I would not need it.  Suffice it to say, he is out running some errands, and I am putting it on the bed.

Wish me luck...this quest for a good nights sleep is beginning to look futile...I must wait until Monday to request my doctor to send my two sleep studies and script for the CPAP machine to my new HMO. 

Ironically, since sleeping in the new bed, I have not had any trouble with my legs feeling numb and needing to thrash about. The sore hips and shoulders is new...I used to have it in our old bed, but solved it with a pillow top mattress pad about four inches thick.... It is still on our old bed which is now in the guest bedroom... I hope we don't have to start sleeping in separate rooms....

8 comments:

Teresa said...

sleeping in separate rooms can be good. i have to say that i sometimes miss the option of moving to the other bedroom. i can totally relate to the comfort issue. i flip and flop just like you - i call my sleeping habits something akin to being on a rotisserie. rotate... rotate... rotate... makes for a rough day the next day.

DJan said...

We solved our problem with a memory foam mattress topper from Bed Bath and Beyond. It's about three inches thick and made all the difference in both of our comfort levels. I'm hoping you can get it all straightened out, because there is nothing that helps as much as a good night's sleep.

Donna B. said...

T: Nice to know I am not the only one...LOL, I can so relate to the rotisserie "rotate" routine...

DJan: Thanks for the tip, if the egg crate does not help, plus the pillow top mattress pad...we may have to get one. Our new mattress is higher than the old one...if it gets any higher, we may need a ladder too. I am amazed Izzy can still jump up on top of the bed!

Chatty Crone said...

I'm sorry you are having trouble sleeping. Maybe things will settle down in 2011. Happy New Year.

sandie

Lillian Robinson said...

I have an air bed with a memory foam topper. Best investment I ever made! It really helps the hips and shoulders. I seldom have to roll over any more!

gayle said...

I have been tossing and turning so much lately. I hope it changes soon because I have to go back to work on Monday! I hope you get your Cpack soon...once you get use to it..it will help you sleep a little better. My husband does but his back is what wakes him up now!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

drink some milk before going to bed,

do a walk near your neighborhood, best wishes, hope you well.

saranya said...

You shared very outstanding information with us keep sharing more article like this.
Cpap Machine