Pages

Picture taken by my friend Cyndi Leos....thank you Cyndi.

Monday, January 24, 2011

Getting The Ball Rolling...

Whew...been very busy with getting back on track and keeping tabs on Dad's progress. Thank goodness Dad is going back to the nursing home tonight.  He will remain isolated until he finishes the antibiotics for the MRSA. 

I rescheduled all my appointments canceled when I was sick.  I go see the respiratory therapist for my CPAP machine this Thursday. Made an appointment for Izzy to get trimmed and bathed.

I tentatively scheduled my blogging class for our community computer club, for March.  I need to make a step by step hand out.  I have asked to have all those interested in taking the class, to first have a google email account so we don't have to take up time in class with it.

I so appreciate it when I wish to learn something, and some one who knows what I wish to learn, is generous enough to help me.  In being grateful, I feel I should "pay it forward" and help others.  I get nervous speaking in front of a group.  I challenged myself back in my earlier years, taking Speech classes, joining Toastmasters, and volunteering to be a Facilitator in a support group.  Each time I had to "fake it" like I was comfortable with public speaking, or imagine everyone sitting in their underwear, or just "acting" like I did it all the time...

I am going to look forward to the personal challenge to grow and conquer my discomfort. I have decided to use discomfort instead of fear...makes it sound less foreboding.

5 comments:

Lisa Jacques Elam said...

Congratulations on stepping outside your box and your comfort zone. You will be amazed at the personal growth and joy that can come from it. I am sure you are going to open the world of blogging to many and I can't think of a better teacher! :)

DJan said...

I second Cmom's comment. You are going to do just fine, as always. For me it's the first few moments of a presentation that are the hardest, and now that I've been a public speaker for years (teaching the First Jump Course to thousands), you'd think it would go away. But no, the first few minutes of some public exposure is always uncomfortable.

The handouts will help. I have relied on the trick of having the members of the audience introduce the person to their left (or right), giving them a few moments together to chat, it breaks the ice!

Kass said...

I need to do more of this. Thanks for the nudge.

Southhamsdarling said...

Good for you Donna! I'm sending you lots of good luck!! Let us know how it all goes.

gayle said...

Glad things seem to be going better. I am scared to death to speak in front of people ......even relatives at a family reunion. People find this so hard to believe.