Pages

Picture taken by my friend Cyndi Leos....thank you Cyndi.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Approved For CPAP Machine...

I received a call from my primary care physician's referral manager, telling me she had received my CPAP approval.  The home health agency contracted with my health care phoned me after lunch to let me know I had been approved 100% with no co-pay for the CPAP machine rental.  (Pretty impressive since I took my new card into my primary care doctor's office on Monday...it only took three days)

Apparently, the oxygen and humidifier is in the CPAP machine, which is brand new, I will be renting.  In case anything goes wrong, it will be replaced at no charge.  The mask, (the model I used, with the air pillows up the nostrils, in the 2nd sleep study) is not  in stock and will have to be ordered.  It will be  purchased by my health care provider and paid 100%, again, no co-pay.  So far, I am very happy with my new health care provider. 

The woman told me it should take about a week to get it in their office.  She said she would call me as soon as it arrived and gave me her direct line.  When it comes in, she will schedule me for an appointment with a Respiratory Therapist who will teach me about the machine and how to use it etc.

I have been sleeping so well in our new bed, (no more sore spots or flip flopping...AND strangely enough, no more restless less syndrome...) but unfortunately, still snoring up a storm.  My husband is still on the couch... only our dog Izzy is brave enough to tolerate my turbo engine nostril noise all night ... hopefully, she will not attack me during the night when I start wearing the mask...

We will see....just another adventure ahead of us...

12 comments:

Lisa Jacques Elam said...

Awesome news. It is good to know that your insurance provider as well as your health care provider are working well for you!

Mari said...

Sounds like you have really good insurance! Glad this is going so smoothly.
I bet that soon your hubby can enjoy the new mattress too. :)

Teresa said...

great news! so happy to hear that you've got the machine with no co-pay! awesome!

glad your bed is helping you, too.

Southhamsdarling said...

YAY! Good news indeed and, hopefully, your hubby will soon be off the couch! It all sounds as if it's going so well at the moment!

Wanda..... said...

Great insurance news...I would hate to think of being without good medical insurance. You seem to be well on your way to a good night's sleep, Donna. I placed a thick "memory foam" mattress topper on our bed which gives wonderful support without stress points. It provides a wonderful cushioning, where as the pillow top mattress felt too firm without much give.

A good night's sleep is important...Good luck!

DJan said...

It should make a world of difference with the machine in place, a new bed, and everything looking up! I can't wait to hear if your snoring will also stop with the machine. Excellent progress! Thanks for sharing.

Reflections said...

Sounds like things are going well, and you shall be off to pleasant dreams throughout a full nights sleep very soon. And maybe then, hubby will get to check the mattress for comfort as well.

gayle said...

Wow you are so lucky! My husband's insurance did not pay that well. We had to make payments on his! It will be really hard getting use to sleeping with it but it will help you not snore! So hopefully you will feel better!

Madame DeFarge said...

Been catching up with this, so glad to hear that this is going well for you.

septembermom said...

Glad that everything seems to be moving forward. I'll be curious to hear about your experience with the machine.

Anonymous said...

I use a cosponsoring machine it took sometime to get use to but it works great for me. My husband says I use to snore really loud but with the cpap machine he says he doesn't hear a thing. The cpap machine I have is very quite. Good luck. Oh I forgot to mention I wake up totally refreshed the next day. :)

Anonymous said...

The cpap machine works wonders for me. My husband says I don't snore anymore I sleep much better at night and fully refreshed. I take a while to get use to but it's well worth it. You're going to Love it. Good luck. I'm waiting on an update.