Pages

Picture taken by my friend Cyndi Leos....thank you Cyndi.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Simple Fun Times...

Last night my husband and I went to our friend's home.  We take turns going to each other's homes, or going out to dinner on two for one coupons.  She made a wonderful turkey, mashed potato, broccoli dinner.  Her husband, who is from Switzerland, made his signature shredded carrot salad with special dressing. Everything was delicious!

Afterward, they introduced us to a card name we had never played called SKIP BO.  The game is played with partners.  We decided on men against women.  It is multi tasking and strategy game because players must pay attention to the five cards in their own hand, their individual pile in front of them, which must be played to the last card in order to win, plus the four ascending or descending piles of cards in the middle of the table, in addition to your partners cards, as well as the two opponents cards.

It was so much fun! 

In between the game, we chatted, laughed, snacked and ate her home made, yummy, banana cake with sour cream frosting for dessert.  What a blessing to have such good friends to enjoy simple fun times and great company.

7 comments:

Mari said...

Skipbo is fun! This reminds me to play it again!

Chatty Crone said...

Who won the men or women? sandie

Betty W said...

I´ve played Skipbo, but it was a long time ago. An evening with friends, eating, playing cards and laughing, is MY favorite kind of evening! I´m glad you have such good friends. It´s a blessing!

DJan said...

Yes, friends are what make life fun. I used to play pinochle with friends and notice that there are quite a few groups playing at the Senior Center. Some are cutthroat and don't allow newcomers, others are just for fun. Maybe I'll go sometime. Never played Skipbo, though. Sounds like a fine evening.

betty said...

I played SkipBo a long time ago. I remember it being fun! Sounds like a really nice time, Donna!! I think we need more times like that; simple (but delicious) and just having out with friends enjoying life :)

betty

Donna B. said...

Mari, Sandie, Betty, DJan and betty...Can you imagine if all of US got together for an evening? Even though none of us have met, we know so much about one another's lives, we could talk and laugh until the wee hours of the morn!!! I consider each of you and my other blogging buddies as my life's Blessings as well. Thank you to each one of you...

Donna B. said...

PS.. Sandie...the women won the first game, the men second game and it was a battle for the tie breaker...which, unfortunately, was the men...BY THE SKIN OF THEIR TEETH!!!