Pages

Picture taken by my friend Cyndi Leos....thank you Cyndi.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

In Search Of A Dream...

Yesterday morning
My daughter and I
found a beautiful
manufactured home
for $59,000
built in 2005
3 bedrooms, 2 bath
1225 square feet
with an incredible view
of the valley
in Calimesa.

I left two messages
for the Realtor
and she finally
called back late last night
to tell me
the park rent 
was $425 a month
plus an average
of $200 per month
for utilities.

I should have known 
it was too good
to be true...

If the price is low,
the HOA or space rent
is high.

For now,
we will stay
where we are
and keep searching...

I've noticed
a huge change
in my husband's mood.
I complimented him
on how much more
relaxed he is.
He told me,
"I feel a lot less stress
knowing 
I don't have to
return to work
when we get home."

~dkb~

5 comments:

Jimmy said...

Your dream home will appear when you least expect it, I hope you are enjoying your trip and am proud to hear your Husbands stress level is going in the right direction. You have to love that.

betty said...

bummer!! (does that word date me, LOL :)

It is amazing how much space rent can be, yet my sister-in-law's mom lived at one where the rent was $750 a month.

So glad hubby is doing so well with his mood and starting to de-stress!

I do hope you can get it together to return down here within your budget, etc since I know your "heart" with your family, kids, grand kids are down here

betty

DJan said...

Yes, learning that the place where your heart went, wanting to live there, is out of reach is very distressing. But learning that your hubby is beginning to relax is very uplifting. Hoping you find your place soon...

Chatty Crone said...

Darn it - I know how disappointing it is - lot rent is a house payment! sandie

gayle said...

Hopefully you will find your dream home soon!!