Pages

Picture taken by my friend Cyndi Leos....thank you Cyndi.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Is It Snoring OR Sleep Apnea...

Tomorrow I go in for a sleep study.  I stay all night, wired up for "sound" (pity the techs who must listen to me snore all night!).  I told my doctor about the many complaints from my family on how loud and disturbing my snoring is.  My husband says "I open and shut drawers in the dresser".

My oldest daughter has video taped me and recorded me on her cell phone.  I cannot tell you how embarrassed I was, but how hard I laughed!!  You'd think snoring THAT LOUD I would wake myself up.  Guess it is an indication of how soundly I sleep...

My doctor told me he was not as concerned with my snoring as he was about sleep apnea, when one actually stops breathing while they sleep.  I guess we will find out...I am concerned if I DO have sleep apnea, I would have to wear one of those masks while I sleep... I have claustrophobia, so the idea of some mask over my face creeps me out BIG TIME...

Guess I will find out.  I have toured the room and it is very nice.  So are the staff.  I am not suppose to take any naps or drink any caffeine during the day.  I go in at 9pm and am supposed to be ready for sleep by 10pm.  Generally, I have no problem going to sleep...but just in case, I may bring a good book...

6 comments:

Mari said...

I've been snoring worse too and have wondered if I should get checked. I'll be interested in what your study shows. Hope it goes well!

betty said...

Good idea to get it checked out, Donna. I'm not sure I would be able to fall asleep in that lab, so good luck with that! But it is great because if you have it and get it treated, it can help with losing weight, etc. Let us know how it goes!

betty

Wanda..... said...

That's a concern I have sometimes for my husband. Good luck with falling asleep Donna. will watch for a follow up post!

DJan said...

Losing weight and not sleeping on his back has pretty much caused Hubby's snoring to stop. Sometimes he snores if he turns over on his back but it's nowhere near as loud as it was. Good to get this checked out, Donna, and I look forward to hearing about the adventure!

Madame DeFarge said...

It'll be interesting to hear what they say. My husband snores exceptionally loudly (or so it seems to me) and I can barely sleep in the same room as him. Maybe I should send him to be checked out too.

Chatty Crone said...

Did you get any sleep - how was it? Best Wishes. sandie