Pages

Picture taken by my friend Cyndi Leos....thank you Cyndi.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Cause Of Death For Billy Jean James...

I read in the paper the other day while my sister and I were having breakfast, the authorities are unable to determine the cause of death of Billy Jean James.  She was the woman I wrote about who disappeared from her home April 22nd, for four months and was found August 25th, dead, in her home by her husband under a pile a stuff in a back room he was cleaning.  Apparently she was a hoarder, due to the tragic loss of her son.

The coroner could not find any obvious cause of death such as bullet holes, no gunshot wounds or any tell tale signs of death.  Her death was determined to be accidental.  No foul play was suspected.  Her body was so deteriorated during that four month period, it was impossible to say for sure how she died.  The case has been closed.

My sister went home on Saturday.  I wrote about our week on my other blog.  It was such a great time together, but went by way too quickly.  I am doing my best to recover and get some rest as we did not sleep very much...

                                              ************************

I also learned today our neighbor lady's husband, who had brain cancer, passed away two weeks ago.  The funeral was in Chicago, where they are from.  She just returned and was walking their dog and ran into my next door neighbor, who told me.  She told my next door neighbor her arthritis was so bad when she was back in the cold, she knew she could never return or she would suffer and end up in a wheel chair. 

I think I will get her card and take it to her with some flowers.

4 comments:

DJan said...

How very sad about Billy Jean James. I still cannot understand how a home can be that cluttered that you would miss a dead body!

betty said...

I think that would be nice for your neighbor to get a card with flowers; I'm sure she would also enjoy the visit and talking with you. That is sad about Billy Jean. You hope it was quick, you know? and that she didn't lay there in pain not being able to call out or something. just sad.

glad though you had a great visit with your sister :)

betty

Donna B. said...

DJan: Apparently, she was a hoarder. Difficult to imagine, but if you ever have seen that "Hoarders" TV series, you can see why. I am still mystified how the husband did not notice the odor.

betty: I know...Did she hit her head? Did she suffocate? Did she have a heart attack? The whole thing is so sad and tragic. Very bizarre...

Chatty Crone said...

I missed that story, but very interesting. I think maybe when you are hoarding - there are odors from that as well. Sorry for your neighbor.

sandie