Pages

Picture taken by my friend Cyndi Leos....thank you Cyndi.

Monday, October 25, 2010

The Woman Had A Mission...

Cardinal John Henry Newman wrote this beautiful reflection:

“God has created me for some definite service; He has committed some work to me which He has not committed to another. I have a mission. I may never know exactly what that mission is in this life. I shall be told it in the next. I have a part in a great work. I am a link in a chain, a bond of connection between persons. He has not created me for nothing. I shall do good. I shall do His work. I shall be an angel of peace, a preacher of truth in my own place, even if I do not realize what I am doing. But, if I keep His commandments, I will serve Him in my calling.”

This reflection was read today at Aunt Flora's funeral service.  One of my husband's cousins had heard this reflection and he immediately thought it needed to be read to describe her life...

2 comments:

DJan said...

How wonderful. It's true that we really don't have any way of knowing how we are doing in this life. I truly hope that we will know some day, but in any event I will continue to live following the Golden Rule and the Commandments.

betty said...

I think that was a wonderful statement to read for such a noble woman. Makes one want to attain to live like that.

betty