Pages

Picture taken by my friend Cyndi Leos....thank you Cyndi.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Irish Insight...

This afternoon, as I was walking my dog, we past an open garage, with the sweet, fine, sad music of Ireland  wafting above a man working and humming softly....Suddenly I was overcome with emotion and began to cry...

Why?  The thoughts that came to me were home and family.  I knew then, our days are truly numbered here in Nevada.  We must get back home...

Next week we leave for five days to house hunt.  Every where we can afford, is closer to my children, grand children and family, then we are now, but still further than I want to be...

I feel like I am surrendering to the Universe.  We will go and seek and I know in my heart we will find...something.  When we return to Nevada, we will put the house up for sale.  I am resolved that whatever we get for it, we get for it.  I have no delusions we will make any kind of a profit...I must just take a deep breath and let it all go.

I found myself thinking about all the things we buy and purchase for our homes, to make it more of a home...and then in times like this, it seems so exhausting to haul it all around.  The packing I have done is a drop in the bucket.  There is still so very much to do.

I must get serious and start calling some moving companies and getting some estimates. Some how, some way, I have to find a way to let go of some of this stuff...or I will end up paying to haul it all back to California and so much of it, is "I might need this one day"....

Women of my Sacred Circle, please gather around me with your energy, friendship and strength that is in each of you, and please send me the power I will need to get this overwhelming challenge accomplished...

7 comments:

Teresa said...

Oh - you sound so much like how I feel. I'm in the process of down-sizing as well and letting go of some things is such a heart-wrenching decision. I'm giving first dibs on things to family who still live in this area and then selling what I can. The rest will be given to charity.

One thing I said to my husband this morning was for every dime we get for something, it's one less dime we have to spend to move it.

Hard decisions, for sure.

Marylinn Kelly said...

With more moves behind me than I would have chosen, so many things let go over so many years, yet knowing that energy put into regretting choices pulls me down and leaves me with less vitality for things that matter. I believe of and for you that you are making excellent, life-affirming choices, there is no need to second-guess yourself or doubt the outcome. True home awaits you; we are asked to trust the process.xoxo

Caroline said...

I too have moved many times. I have learned to let go easily. Find the nearest salvation army and pass it on to someone who needs it. Letting go is good...so very good. Wishing you many blessings in your move.

septembermom said...

Wishing you all the best in your move. It sounds like you're making the right journey. It will all work out for the best.

Jerry said...

Hi Donna,

First of all, thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments.

Second -- I need to congratulate you on your picture at the top of your blog. I enjoy traveling and hitting the national parks -- and the scene you presented is idyllic.

Regarding the move -- what is going to happen is going to happen steered by the choices you make during the adventure. And it will be an adventure -- something to embrace. I figure that to progress in life there has to be movement. Perhaps if you can find excitement and thrill in this upcoming adventure you will begin to look forward to it and plan for it. It can be a hated chore or an invigorating adventure that you will relish telling others of. I think that is a choice you can make.

Here -- I've gone all preachy like I actually have a clue about stuff. All I'm pretty positive of is that if one plants a seed of despair and waters it with doubt and fear -- it will blossom into something you don't want. If you plant the seed of excitement and water it with dreams of the future and glorious adventure -- it to will bloom..into something blessed.

Sigh...

There I go again.

I do wish you the best and look forward to reading more.

Lillian Robinson said...

Sorting through what to pack and what to toss can be exhausting! Good luck with the house-hunting. Hopefully you can find something close enough to them to make you blissfully happy!

Donna B. said...

Lily: It IS exhausting...but Jerry really has brightened my day with his comment. Truer words were never spoken...Thank you so much for your support and well wishes. It is greatly appreciated!

Jerry: How insightful and positive you are! You said just the right words for me to hear at this particular time. You reminded me, of what I always aim for, which is to see the glass half full, and to look to the brighter side...

Thank you for the compliment on the photo...it is actually my screen saver (which came pre-loaded on my computer). I love it and am glad you enjoyed it. I figured it was just what I was looking for on this particular blog.

I hope you can come regularly and share your wisdom and positive poetic prose...you really lifted me up. Thank you!

September Mom: Thank you so much for your support and positivity.

Caroline: Thank you for the Blessings and the advice. It will be a positive, it will be an opportunity to pass it along, an opportunity to let go and it will be a new adventure.

Marylynn: You are so right...this will be our final move, a place to plant, strong, deep roots. Having the opportunity to let go and pass on what we don't use to others will bring renewed energy and peace. I am feeling a change in attitude, and it is so welcome!

Teresa: We can be of great support to one another during our mutual adventures...think how happy and relieved we will feel when it is behind us! I will keep checking on you and you do the same...(when you have time of course... :} ) Thank you so much for your support.