Pages

Picture taken by my friend Cyndi Leos....thank you Cyndi.

Friday, April 30, 2010

Familiar seasons...


The seasons of one's soul
are unique to one's experiences.
We learn as we go
what makes us safe
and comfortable.

My childhood
was
nervous
determined
high strung
yet
still seeking
still curious
still positive
still half full...

The winds
of change,
The heat
of emotion
The storms
of confusion
The gentle rain
of growth
The howling tempests
of indecision
The warmth
of inner light
The glow
of intuition
The calm
of resolve
whirled
within me.

I was 
taught to listen
to my inner voice.
I wanted to believe
in myself...
but
it
took
awhile...

A gentle voice
 has always
whispered to me
in my dreams.
Causing me to be
still and quiet
to hear the words
of wisdom
and love.

Having children
in my thirties
motivated me
to be
all
I could be.

It was crucial
for me
to pass on
to
 them
to listen
to their intuition
to hear it
believe it
trust it.

In the process
I learned too.

We three
have
a
bond of strength
as
 intertwined
unions
of
the tightest
 rope.

Distance
is
indifferent
as
the memory
of
holding them
in my
womb.

It's times
like these
when things are uncertain
I can feel safe
because
I listened
and
trusted
I am
doing the right thing...

Believing
the end result
will
unfold
and
reveal
I
was
on
the
right
path
all along...

These are the familiar seasons of my life...

~~dkb

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful words to express beautiful thoughts.

Penny ♥

Donna B. said...

Thank you Penny. I take that as a real compliment coming from you, being the poet you are.

Jerry said...

Well Ma'am (that's the way we talk in Texas),

To answer the question you left in your note on my blog. You see, once I discovered that I could have separate pages on my blog...I figured 'Aha!' -- I'll have a page with recipes.

Since I have already written two recipes as blog posts some while back, I just suavely copied one of them and pasted it onto my new recipe page. Damn. The thing posted there and also magically posted as the latest entry on my regular blog.

Well that wouldn't do. So I deleted it, and it deleted the post on both pages. There is obviously something I don't understand about this page stuff.

So that is why you received notification of a non-existent entry. So now I don't know what to do with my Recipe Page.

This stuff is confusing.

Donna B. said...

You are way ahead of me Jerry. I have no clue how to do another page. I was thrilled with myself for figuring out how to put a link on each of my blogs so readers could go back and forth bewteen them.

There is so much I do not understand about Blogger...and now it seems so many are moving on to Word Press. I read today,. the more I write on my blog, after a couple years I can run out of room!

I am so tired, it does not take much to rattle my cage...

Thanks for the explanation.

Lisa Jacques Elam said...

I really like it. I like both the style and the content! I am definitely a fan!