Pages

Picture taken by my friend Cyndi Leos....thank you Cyndi.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Before and After Pics and What's Happening...

I am tardy in getting the before and after pics of the laminate floor project because I had five days to get everything put back together before two sets of company arrived.  My girlfriend Connie arrived last Monday and left Thursday morning.  Our friends Diane and Ernie from Tucson, arrived around 2pm on Thursday and left at noon today.  Tonight we have a family BBQ for eleven people...

So here are the Before and After Pics:

Above is our living room/great room area...it is so packed with furniture the area you see is about all of the floor you are able to see.  (Scroll down a couple of posts and you can see how it looked when it was carpeted...)

Above is our master bedroom.  We got a new area rug for the great room and took the rug above from the great room and put it in the master...

Above is the guest bedroom....

And last but not least....the office:

My girlfriend gave me the new cover for our futon.  I used the pillow shams filling them with old bed pillows and now it looks like a cozy couch.  I have great plans for this room.  I want to brighten it up and make the atmosphere in the room more inductive for creativity.  I found a few bright and colorful paintings while thrift-storing and shopping with my girlfriend Connie.  One is quite heavy, so I have to get the right hardware to hang it properly... stay tuned for those pictures.  

That lump in my arm?  Still don't know what it is because I cannot get into the surgeon's office!  When I called my primary care doctor to complain, they told me they could not reach them either.  I guess Monday I will be calling my new Medicare Plus Plan customer service to complain.  I just turned 65 this month!

Our family to due to arrive in a few minutes, so I will have to continue later....until then, stay cool, stay healthy and happy...

4 comments:

Mari said...

It looks great! I love the color you chose.
It's hot and humid here - no staying cool!

DJan said...

Although this sure looks like it was a lot of work, the finished product is amazing! Having a houseful of guests after such a major project seems like overkill, even for you, Donna! Hope you're okay. It sounds like it. Thanks for taking the time to write this post! :-)

Teresa said...

your floors look wonderful! i'd like for our landlord to pull out the carpet from the living room/dining room area and put in something else. this carpet is nasty from the previous tenant's dogs.

hope it's nothing serious with your arm.

LindyLouMac said...

Looking good, I have at last got to answering your email that has been lingering in my inbox!