Pages

Picture taken by my friend Cyndi Leos....thank you Cyndi.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

One More Room...

The installers have one more room and the transition strips between the tile and the new laminate...hopefully they will be finished by noon.  My husband and I plan to GET OUT OF THE HOUSE and run some errands...we both are stir crazy!

I over prepped.  I plan to call the company we purchased the laminate from and get a refund because they charged us for the installers to dissemble and rebuild three things...they only dissembled one bed.  Everything else they barely moved from the room, they moved everything to one side of the room, laid the flooring and then moved everything to the other side.

Izzy is perplexed without the quiet carpet and the "click, click, click" noise of her nails on the laminate.  She likes to sit and lay on the carpet she takes her long, sleeping sound snoozes under our bed....so I had the installer guys cut a piece for under the bed.  That is her surprise today...

She had to be crated inside the house yesterday morning, and then we put her out on the patio with her water dish once the morning sun was gone.  She did really well with all the noise, and believe me, there was a ton of noise.  We had foundation cracks so they had to smooth out the floor...we had told them they could work as late as they wished to get it all done...but by 6pm we both were on our last nerve and asked them to finish in the morning...

I still wish we had carpeting...especially when I was lying on the floor yesterday re-hooking up our desktop to get back online... Same with the TV in the office...it still does not work.  All I get is static.  Guess I must have not hooked up something correctly...will figure it out later...I plan to lay on a thick blanket or pad when I do!

Will post pictures of the floors by week's end...

I have been debating whether I will put my bookcases back...as much as I love my books...that was such an undertaking...and then I did not even have to remove them because they never moved the computer desk or the futon out of the office!  Oh well, at least I can give everything a good cleaning...

3 comments:

DJan said...

What a huge undertaking! The good part is that most of it is behind you, not ahead. Please take care of yourself and get some well deserved R&R! :-)

Jeanie said...

It sounds like this has been a lot of turmoil for you....and for Izzy. I'm glad it will be done soon and I hope you love it.

LindyLouMac said...

Exhausting, hope it is all finished now and you are all organised and happy with the new floors.