Pages

Picture taken by my friend Cyndi Leos....thank you Cyndi.

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thoughts on a Hot Thursday Morning...

** image from Pinterest


On this hot Thursday
I'd rather be transported to
a cozy chair beside a large picture
window, enjoying a large cup of tea
or coffee....reading a great book
or surfin' the web on my mac book...
I long to hear the pitter-pat of hard rain
leaving the fresh scent rain always does...

~dkb~

I am thankful I am sitting inside our cozy, air conditioned, home, in my rose chair, music playing, and the soft sound of my mac's key pad as I type...I feel really good.

I am drinking a cup of my Donut Shop Mocha Coconut coffee....delicious!

My plans for the day are to hang out the flag to fly in the hot breeze,  attempt to talk with my Father at the nursing home, take a shower, wash my hair, then go see a movie with my husband.  He wants to see What to Expect When You are Expecting.  A comedy sounds good to me...

Despite the heat, I feel light and breezy.  I spent several hours in our 100 plus degree garage yesterday sorting through the books from my bookcases...I am still deciding which ones I will keep, which to donate or sell...  I am liking the low maintenance, less cluttered atmosphere we are creating inside our home...

Tomorrow I get my eyes examined and dilated.  I need new glasses.  In the evening we have plans to join my girlfriend for a concert in the park celebrating Beach Boys music...  Should be a fun night.

My doctor's office called yesterday and called the surgeon's office on my behalf.  I have an appointment on July 5th to check the lump in my right arm.  I will hold positive thoughts and continue to wish it to dissolve and go away...

I have missed blogging and look forward to finding a more consistent opportunity to get back here, visiting and sharing...  Happy Father's Day, Happy Flag Day and everyone please have a safe, fun, weekend whatever you find yourselves doing...



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Donna...thanks for stopping by, my mostly dormant, blog. Your piece caught my mood perfectly today. It is hot and humid here in Florida...a cooling rain would be most welcome. This line brought back bittersweet memories of my mom: "attempt to talk with my Father at the nursing home." Good luck with your medical issues. Best always, Vb

LindyLouMac said...

A positive post, maybe you should consider your books for bookcrossing.
http://www.bookcrossing.com/mybookshelf

DJan said...

Happy Flag Day back to you. What a nice, pleasant and thoughtful post, Donna. I am also sending you good vibes about that right arm. Hugs!!!

Teresa said...

glad to see you back! hope that your arm is nothing more than a bit of a strain. sounds like you did overwork it a bit. i've done that some, too. hurts like the dickens while it tries to heal up.

it's pretty hot here right now, too.

hope you have a great weekend.

betty said...

How fun with the movie your hubby picked!! We usually end up at the science fiction or the action packed adventures when hubby picks. Sounds like fun times with friends too with the concert!!

btty

Anonymous said...

holding those good thoughts for july 5th with you! you radiate warmth in every word. hugs!

sherry