Pages

Picture taken by my friend Cyndi Leos....thank you Cyndi.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

For those who seek, let us form a Sacred Circle...

In reading some of the comments everyone is contributing, there seems to be several people out there who have read and like Julia Cameron.  In her book, THE ARTIST'S WAY, she talks about forming a Sacred Circle.  She believes when we are dreaming our visions, we are in the realm of the sacred. She promotes groups of artists supporting and trusting one another.

This Sacred Circle invokes creativity and a creative force.  I am sure several of us have been part of a group of women who made things happen.  Women are powerful creatures because we multi-task better.  The strength of women supporting one another can move mountains.

Julia has a great paragraph in the chapter that says, "As artists, we belong to an ancient and holy tribe.  We are the carriers of the truth that spirit moves through us all. When we deal with one another, we are dealing not merely with our human personalities but also with the unseen but ever-present throng of ideas, visions, stories, poems, songs, sculptures, art-as-facts that crowd the temple of consciousness waiting their turn to be born."

I LOVE THAT!  It is my vision that a Sacred Circle of friends, fellow artists, writers, creative types, form a bond and by their collective presence, they reflect and invoke the best from one another.  Can you just think about some of the creative women we each have met via our blogs and how powerful and magical it has been?  Who among us has not experienced more self confidence, higher creative thought, inspiration from the support and conversations with each other!

Another great paragraph, she states, "Success occurs in clusters, Drawing a Sacred Circle creates a sphere of safety and a center of attraction for our good.  By filling this form faithfully, we draw to us the best.  We draw the people we need.  We attract the gifts we could best employ."   For me, the pure
force  she speaks of, does not include jealousy, gossip, anger, attitudes and those other catty forms of lower energy.

I am in the process of re-reading a very provocative book by David R. Hawkins, M.D., Ph.D. entitled POWER VS FORCE, The Hidden Determinants of Human Behavior. He basically explains how all the various human emotions have energy levels.  How he has calibrated and tested people with kinesiology (study of muscles and their movements as applied to physical conditioning) and was "able to analyze the full spectrum of the levels of human consciousness from a range of 1 to 1000."   It is so powerful, for example, to realize a  low energy level of 20 is shame, and the higher level of 600 is peace. Just think how significant that knowledge could be in some one's life! Reading it, I actually had a "light bulb" moment.  I could not believe if I understood what I had just read.  How would that information change your life?

Even Hawkins says, "Art and love are man's greatest gifts to himself; and there can be no art without love. Art is always the making of the soul, the craft of a human being's touch--which can be corporeal or of the mind and spirit--so it has been since Neanderthal times, and so it will always be."  He goes on to say, "When a person looks at something that has been handcrafted, he goes strong; when eh looks at reproduction, he goes weak."  I think that is incredible!

What do you think?  Do you have a Sacred Circle in your life?  Do you know women you could join with and form a collective creative force?  Do you believe you are stronger and more productive alone or within a group?

5 comments:

JeannetteLS said...

Great entry again, Donna. I have a powerful circle of women and two men, actually. I don't think in Julia's terms--sacred or not, even when it was the women. But necessary, sure. That said, I think solitude for me is of equal importance. It's all about the yin/yang, the balance. To get to peace, for me? I NEED quiet and solitude. To lean on myself and find that quiet, still part inside. But when I have been depleted, full of shame, self-loathing--those LOW energy things, the women get me started out. The energy and support we give one another is more a woven net so that none of us hits bottom. Ever seen an Eskimo blanket toss? A child is in the center of a blanket, and people all hold the edges and toss the child or adult in the air. The blanket of women ... we catch one another, and we give each other that toss into the air, so we EACH can fly. Solitarily sometimes. Does that make any sense? As always, thanks for making me think about it. Love, Jetty

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

first of all, thanks for visiting and following at the crib. i have met many via blogland who have helped propel my writing and inspired me to continue my quest to write and entertain others. great post.

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

my family, writers friends, critique group and scbwi are all in my sacred circle.

Blasé said...

I need to start reading more, but my ADD just keeps getting in the way!

Donna B. said...

Blase..I have no idea what "my ADD just keeps getting in the way" means...but glad you want to read more...

Shelli, AWESOME! Glad you have a sacred circle.

Crib: You are so welcome. I totally agree, there are many talented and supportive bloggers out there.

Jeannette: Thank you very much for the compliments. Thank you as always for visiting. Whatever it takes to help you connect with that creative flow...