Pages

Picture taken by my friend Cyndi Leos....thank you Cyndi.

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Somedays...Catching Myself Smiling


 generated by laughitout . tumblr
from my Pinterest boards


It's really nippy outside
but thankfully
my ankle is doing so much better
Feels good to be walking again
instead of limping in pain
taking it slow and easy
is a new pattern for me
but if it means my ankle gets better
I will do it!

Baby steps are often 
more successful
than rushing in and burning out
losing a few pounds
remembering the tortoise and the hare story

More and more I see the benefits
of making my own self happy
instead of depending on others to do it

It is a choice
It is a mind set
It is a decision
It is up to me

Hectic, busy times ahead
and I will take it 
one day at a time...

I like it when I pass a mirror
and catch myself smiling...

©~dkb~

3 comments:

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi Donna. So pleased that you are now able to walk without too much pain. I love what you said there about making yourself happy, instead of relying on others. That really is such a good thought, and, certainly, what I try to do! Sometimes you could wait a long time if you rely on others to do it, and life is too short to hang around like that. " Make ourselves happy!" That should be a slogan for all of us.

DJan said...

Oh, how lovely! Your new header picture is stunning, Donna, and your poem makes me very very happy, too. It made ME smile. :-)

CiCi said...

Happiness is my choice. Waiting for someone else to "make me happy" also sets me up to allow that someone take away the happiness, to burst my joy balloon. No thanks. Nice post.