Pages

Picture taken by my friend Cyndi Leos....thank you Cyndi.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Remembering Precious Times...


painted by artist Joyce Sloan

This watercolor hangs in my guest bedroom. I bought it years ago because the two girls looked so much like my two daughters, Holly and Jodee.  Often, I look at it going back in time when the girls were young and I was filled with purpose. An abundance of determination to help them become all they wanted to be...

It was financially challenging being a single mom but I loved every minute raising my precious girls...
It's all I ever wanted to be was a good mother...

Now, I am blessed to be a grandmother... Holly has two sons and Jodee's son will be soon be one year old this month.  Both are devoted, loving moms...

Knowing my daughters are living this parental adventure with their spouses raising up their sons together
helping them become all they can be gives me a happy heart. 


8 comments:

Teresa said...

amen! well said. i totally am on the same page.

kaykuala said...

Donna Ma'am,
Such a moving story. You can see success right in front of you, the two 'big girls' now and your grandchildren. Not many are fortunate to be blessed such. You're such a wonderful lady to have 'fought on' single-handedly. Gutsy and brave I would add.

Hank

DJan said...

And you are a very fortunate grandmother, Donna. You just glow with pride, even through these words. Congratulations of having raised them so well...

betty said...

That is a cute picture, Donna! It is so neat to have those memories from raising kids and then being involved as you can with your grands! It does go by so fast, though, doesn't it?

betty

Wanda..... said...

A Happy Heart says it all! :)

Chatty Crone said...

How long were you a single mom? I know you did a great job!

Southhamsdarling said...

Beautiful post today Donna. I loved it! You obviously did so well bringing up your daughters and now they have families of their own. Blessings to you my friend.

Lisa Jacques Elam said...

Love the picture and the blog. :)