Pages

Picture taken by my friend Cyndi Leos....thank you Cyndi.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hopes and Dreams Alive and Well....

Today, my husband and I drove to state line to buy Lotto tickets for tonights Mega Million dollar jack pot of almost $400,000,000.00.  We also bought tickets for some of our friends who asked us to get some for them too...

We waited in line for 2.5 hours.  It struck me as I watched the line snake around the building, curving and swirling inside the parking lot and down the street, how each one of these people has big hopes and dreams.

We passed the time talking with others in line.  Everyone was thankful it was not too hot or too windy and shared stories of their lives,  plans for their millions, and various other topics of conversation... Everyone was friendly and considerate.  Security Guards insured no one cut in line ahead of anyone waiting...

My impatient husband was surprisingly patient and calm.  He even laughed saying, "What else do I have to do today?"  (Always happy to be retired....)

For those of you who might be contemplating standing in long Lotto lines one day in the future, you might want to consider bringing bottled water, a folding chair, an umbrella and a book to read.

Personally, I suggested to my husband we drive a little further to Baker next time.  I think it would have been much shorter.

**** Will be posting pictures of the patio tomorrow....****** (If I can get my pics to upload...been trying for the last two hours past midnight and no luck.  Keeps telling me my upload failed.  Tried both Safari and Firefox.  Any suggestions?)

3 comments:

DJan said...

The picture upload feature failed for me a couple of times in the past. It's probably a Blogger glitch, which seem to be happening more often these days. (sigh) Hopefully it will be fixed soon and we'll get to see those pictures.

Good luck with the Lotto. I rarely buy those tickets, but for $400 million, I might be tempted to stand in line. Somebody's gotta win it, after all! :-)

Vegas Linda Lou said...

I think that's interesting--everyone's dreams of hitting it big. What were some of the plans for spending those millions? Hope you're a winner!

betty said...

That was dedication to stand in line as long as you did Donna! I hope you can figure out how to get your photos to upload!

betty